Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

drawing challenge: time

Hosting the next drawing challenge and reflecting on the theme of time I came
along beautiful images with the zen-like text "the time is always now".

VIKTOR IV













Also clocks with hands turning in the opposite way.


bulgar time - VIKTOR IV
















 

How to "tackle"the time in a painting or drawing?

In an attempt  to create my own clock, I turned a few images into black and white.
Parts of the image above were used before in my blogposts "images of change" and in "nests".






One of the "whites" from the white variations series as a kind of  "empty" calendars.


   

Two painted collage calendars from 2009.













"Time and tide wait for no man", collage.


To see how the other participants have interpretated the theme, please visit thier sites.

VeronicaSharmonAnnieStefanieKatrin,
LissaLuciaJokeAnnekeTammie and Melody

Thanks for joining. Wishing you all a wonderful 2015!



12 comments:

lissa said...

I like the circular collage, I think that's like time, you can think of time as infinite and that's why clocks are circluar, right?

anyway, thanks for hosting. have a great day.

Veronica Roth said...

Hi Eric, I'm fascinated with a clock which goes backwards! The other day Robert and i watched the movie Hugo and I told him I want to learn how to construct simple clockwork, and he said, "easy, all you need are some gears and a wind-up spring!" Engineers! Sheesh! Anyway, if I do I think I'll make myself a backwards running clock. :D Thank you so much for hosting. It's kicked me out of my complacency and into art again.

Unknown said...

Thank you for this dc. I also like your circular Collage an the thougt of time not as a line but a infinite circle... All the best for 2015.

Sharmon Davidson said...

I really love the 'empty calendars' and the "Time and tide wait for No Man" collage; brilliant work!

Unknown said...

I love the mosaic collages with their spiralling sense of speed. I also love the backwards clocks! There's a cafe near here that has various mirrors around the space and if you sit in a certain spot, all the reflections of the clock show a different time. Bit too late for coffee there now, but thanks for the reminder, I'll have to go back and take another look.

nadine paduart said...

hello eric, i went and missed this DC... i saw your email, but at a rather inconvenient moment, and it fleeted. time is such a delightful theme too. you have certainly measured time here...

may i wish you a happy new year and lots of playtime next year?
here's to 2015, nadine♥

Stefanie Seltner said...

sorry for being late - I spend a lot of time for this d.c., thank you Eric for the theme and for hosting!
I am very impressed by your work with the old calendar, it´s just beautiful.
Wish you a happy new year with lots of inspiring moments and I hope we will meet again for interesting drawing challenges!
x Stefanie

AvdW said...

Time and tide wait for no man.. still my favourite

all the best!
Anneke

Unknown said...

An open calendar,an open mind? Having all the time, nothing's written down, everything is possible. I feel silence by looking at your calandar. x Joke.

Tammie Lee said...

time is a wonderful thing to consider

there are so many wonderful quotes about it

Loved seeing each of your pieces...
so creative and appealing

thank you for hosting!

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

I never tire of viewing your work!
It's always cool and full of abstract designs...
KUDOS to YOU!

Sharmon Davidson said...

I really like all of these, Eric, but the abstract clocks and the last collage are my favorites! Thanks for hosting the drawing challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...