Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, March 2, 2017

there's always another side















Sometimes the back side is just as interesting as the front side.
I've made these three pieces some time ago and I was wondering how to show them.

By the intensive brushing and scratching  during the making,the paper was saturated 
and the thin paint came through it at the back side and it looks like a stripped house.

I've  cut out the shape on a sheet of paper that I painted blue on both sides.
Then I stuck the shape in it, as in a puzzle, using translucent strips of paper.

The cutouts: I have used them for new pieces and I'll show them later.






2 comments:

nadine paduart said...

i find it amazing how surprised we can be about different aspects of a work, especially if the effect is unexpected. sometimes the side result is much more intriguing, because of it. anyway, eric! our new AC theme is up. feel free to come out and play with us, over the weekend of march, 18-19.
X
nadine♥

Anonymous said...

So intriguing. I love the cracks and crevices in the pieces, and both fronts and backs are equally interesting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...