Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

ode to blue - part I

   

Ode to Blue

The subtitle of a painting brought me to the idea of  this online exhibition.
So I posted a call on my blog and some bulletin boards for images. And just a few rules: your  ode to the blue, made by you and predominantly blue. The response was good and I added some images about “blue” installations I found on the internet.
So, here it is. Ode to Blue. In five parts. Thank you all for your wonderful submissions.

 
                  Sharon Edmunds, Scheherazade's Moon VI, Ode To Blue,
mixed media on velium, 14 x 11 in. 2012.

http://www.sharon-edmunds.com/
Claudia Ackermann, Night prayers, mixed media painting 100 x 100cm, 2012

http://claudiaackermann.blogspot.de


/
Casey Klahn, Forest pond 110, pastel, 8x12 in, 2012

http://thecolorist.blogspot.com



/
Barbara Tibbets,Frozen Dawn, acrylic on textured canvas, 24 x 30 in. 2010

http://www.outoftheblueart.blogspot.com/





Renate Meinardus, A cyanotypie from fotos  made in 2010 in Venice during the Biennale.
An old methode from 1842 and it works with UV-light, 
 the BLUE is called "Turnballs Blue".                   
Cyanotypie on Bütten-Paper, Title:" Arsenale 1", 19,4 x 57 cm, 2011

 www.renate-meinardus.de




Jo Murray, Night falls,acrylic and oil sticks on paper, 18 x 13 cm, 2012

http://jomurray-art.blogspot.com.au/

Ginnie Cappaert - Beautiful Lake, oil,coldwax,dry piments on wood panel ,10x 6x2 in. 2012




Hen Lian, Blue Rythem 2,oil on canvas,20 x 24 in.
 http://www.zhenart.com

Holly Dean, portal, 10 x 10 inch. Acrylic paint, altered image collage.

 www.hollydean.blogspot.com
Sharon Reid, Death in Blue, photograph, 24 x 12 in. 2011

http://sharonread.blogspot.com/
Clare Haxby, Marina Bay Sands Singapore,mixed media on canvas,122 x 244 cm,2012.

 http://www.clarehaxby.com/



Mieke van Sambeeck, Blue,collage from photo’s taken on her property.
"Top left corner: Collection of blue at a bower bird bower. under this,
a piece of one of my sculptures. Top middle block: builders plastic and board of a trailer,
bottom: breast of pale headed rosella . right side: top left: another bit of a little sculpture of mine
right: plastic drum. middle: 2 old painted boards. bottom: plastic crate".

www.potfrot.blogspot.com



Eric Adama, Low Tide, acrylic, collage, mixed media on paper, 12,5 x 12,5 cm, 2010.



Felicity Griffin Clark, Catharsis, cotton, tyvek, silk, beading wire and synthetic organza - hand written, painted, machine stitched and burnt back with a heat gun. catharsis, 47 x 63 cm, 2008.


www.textileseahorse.blogspot.com 


  

14 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

This is so cool Eric...can't wait to comb through these and check everybody out! Thank you for putting it together! Excellent idea! It must have taken you hours to put all this together.

Sharon said...

Eric!!! I am so grateful that you were moved to pursue and create this fantastic idea - a truly joyous Ode To Blue!!!

I am scrolling through part 1 and am totally mesmerized. We are a Tribe of Lovers of Blue! Every piece here is wonderful. Casey Klahn is someone who's work I found awhile ago and always love to see what he's up to. His piece here, 'Forest Pond 110', shimmers in blueness. So fine. And you, Eric, well, I think you know how much I adore your work. Your piece, 'Low Tide', is a haunting melody of the evocative powers of this incredible color. Played out to perfection. Claudia Ackermann's 'Night Prayers' is a gorgeous symphony of a piece - blueness of the true believers. Barbara Tibbets has certainly channeled blue's icy wonder in 'Frozen Dawn'. Renate Meinardus's piece 'Arsenale 1' uses one of my favorite tones of blue, to me almost an indigo, and captures that wonderful deep shadowing that blue can break your heart with. Jo Murray's, 'Night Falls' is a charming dance of blue between day and night. Ginnie Cappaert's, 'Beautiful Lake' has found that sublime peacefulness of Blue. Hen Liean's, 'Blue Rythem 2' be-bops BLUE to the jazzy space of sublime. Holly Dean's piece 'portal' moves to a haunting tune of blue magnificence. Sharon Reid's , 'Death in Blue' proves the full weight of blue in this elegiac piece. Clare Haxby's, 'Marina Bay Sands'captures a marvelous tune of the tones of a blue. Mieke van Sambeeck's piece, 'Blue' captures blue's power to haunt our memories in a most intriguing way.

I am in love with all of these pieces - and artists.I realize I have many visits to make on this Blue Highway.

Thank you, Eric!

Jo Murray said...

Yay... I'm delighted to be part of this..AND on the same page as your own work. What a yummy lot of blue creativity!

Jo Murray said...

Forgot to say how I love seeing some other friends in this collection. Hi Mieke and Holly....lovely work.

Mieke van Sambeeck said...

What a wonderfull idea you created here they all look very special, I'm glad I don't have to pick a favorite!

Unknown said...

Great collection of "blues"! So glad to be a part of it!
Thanks so much for the time, effort & eye putting it all together.

Leslie Avon Miller said...

great on line gallery of the blues!

Casey Klahn said...

What a great post, and it is an honor for me to participate here.

I especially like your work here, Eric.

Although I don't say it out loud, people recognize that I love blue.

The Creative Beast said...

Hello! I popped over from Seth Apters blog tp check out your Ode to Blue and I sure am glad I did...

AMAZING images here! wonderfully curated online exhibit Eric - well done!

~Babs said...

Hi, I also popped over from Seth's.

Amazing, this ode to blue event!
A few years ago I painted a series with this same title. I may have to revisit it now.
Yours is a very interesting and intriguing blog, thank you. I shall return, and meanwile will be checking out the other participating artists.

Annie said...

Hi Eric, What a great set of pieces. This has to be just about the most interesting themed collection I've seen online, so thanks for taking all the time putting it together and add all the links. Thanks for including my poem and found piece in such a great spread of work.

Seth said...

What a tremendous project Eric. Thanks for putting it together. I am a huge lover of blue and seeing so many and such varied works together like this is so inspiring. I think 'Low Tide' here is one of my favorites of yours!

Unknown said...

Eric a truly inspiring collection. Loving all the pieces and depth of hue. Incredible talent. cant wait to sink in and see more.

CATHY said...

visiting from seth's buried treasures...funny to see Clare Haxby's piece - I was just at her house for a charity auction and to see that one in person is AMAZING! a very cool blog - I am going to explore more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...